How to add merge cells functionality?

Nov 21, 2012 at 4:00 AM

Basically, I'm looking for a grid with Excel like look-feel-functionality. Most importantly it must have the merge cells function. So far I couldn't find such a grid on Internet. I was thinking to create one myself. However, I don't want to create it from scratch. Then find this grid and it looks promising. Can you please tell me how easy to add merge cells function to it? Also, it would be great if you could style the grid a little nicer, and add a simple text editing.

Coordinator
Nov 21, 2012 at 9:09 AM

It may be possible to add a merge cell ability at the data level, this means that it's dependant on the way you choose implement a data template for your data that resides in the tableview cells, but i'm not sure how easy this will be to accomplish.

I have no plans to develop a merge cell feature supported directly by tableview.

Both styling and text editing of data in tableview can be implemented using data templates without any changes to tableview. The demo application comes with a very simple example of using styles and data templates to alter the display of the data in the grid.

Nov 23, 2012 at 2:48 AM

So, I tried it out a little bit. It looks it's easy to merge cells in the same row (aka Colspan), but I have not figured out a way to merge cells in the same column.